205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Thursday, December 31, 2009

How I lost the weight the first time...

I consider myself a realist. I wont do something that will harm my body, I simply see no point in it. There for, starving or not eating the right things are out of the question. I would literally rather be fat then starve myself. So what I did was create a plan that allowed me to eat allot and still lose weight. I did get this way by eating portions that were too big (of fatty foods) and little to no exercise. So I begin with the question of: "How do I reverse what I've done?" ( a question that you should all ask yourself )

I'll start by eating healthy. Anything and everything that is freshly grown. This consists of little to none that is processed. Absolutely no sugary drinks. I'll of course have to add in some physical activity. Its common sense to think that by reversing what i've done, my body will go to a normal state. I've been stuffing food for the last 3 weeks to reach 205 lbs and once I go back to normal portions, it is only natural that my stomach will start to shrink. This is something that will happen to anyone who is obese (such as me at this point). Every body has a physical homeostasis. It is only because we are eating too much or too much of the wrong things that cause us to gain or be overweight. It is simple math that if we switch to normal portions and add a little physical activity that our bodies will naturally start to lose weight. (this is from an obese point of view; my credits? - evidence from me losing weight last year)

Losing weight is a math puzzle and until you can comprehend what you need to do to lose weight, you wont. You need to "crave the feeling of wanting to lose weight" and of course "want it more then you want that piece of cake". One of the biggest problems I have now come to realize is the fact that weight is easy to lose. Once you lose it, its easy as well to go back to the lifestyle you left behind. A feeling of comfort is something that everyone wants to feel. If you find your feeling of comfort in food, its just going to make things a little harder.

I remember growing up feeling so lonely. I blamed the fact of me never having a boyfriend and my overly shy personality on my weight. Now I see that once you finally find someone, the comfort you feel with that person leads you to forget sometimes. This happened to me which is why I took the opportunity to do this experiment once I started to gain a bit.

Another big thing is that once you start to lose the weight, you cant lose motivation. Motivation is what keeps the process in constant cycles. I also lost sight of my motivation.
Quite frankly, my motivation was the fact that I didn't want the person I was with to be embarrassed walking down the street with me at such a obese state. This feeling was something I once felt in a situation I was in (the roles reversed and yes, I was embarrassed). I did lose the weight last year I lost nearly 45 lbs, and now I'm here to do it again.

It is no doubt that I will do it again, The question is... will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment