205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 1st 2010!

Wow what a great way to start off the new year. The list gets bigger with all the things I want to do this year! Unfortunately, with last night being new years eve, by the time I got off work, there were no super markets open to stalk up on my new healthy food.
I went to work this morning and finally got a chance in-between two of my jobs. Everything I bought was healthy.
Cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, romaine lettuce, apples, bananas, etc.
I bought things that would only last me a couple of days. That way, I can go and buy new foods every so often to match what I'm craving. You want to eat them while their nutrients is at its highest point. This is why I buy organic foods.
Today I consumed
2 bananas
a fruit salad consisting of
-grapes
-orange
-pineapple
-grape fruit
and 2 salad wraps made of
-romaine lettuce
-olive oil
-lemon juice
2 cups of popcorn twisties - 150 cal
I remember when I was obsessed with the taste of ranch dressing. It was smothered all over my veggies as I would call myself "healthy" for eating it. Now, I cant stand the taste of ranch. As good as it may taste, its terribly bad for you. I work at a doctors office and the doctor taught me that you could add olive oil and lemon juice to a salad as your dressing. It was so good! Throw in a little romaine, avocado, red pepper, raisins and onion and you have such a great salad!
Oh by the way, did I mention.... I'm a vegetarian? :)
I'm trying this whole thing where I try to consume more litres of water so I bought a 1 litre bottle and today I only had 1L. My goal is to get to 3 of those a day. I'm not the biggest fan of drinking water for fun but I'll get used to it again, as I did last year.
AND FOR TODAY'S TEMPTATIONS:
-2 people offered to buy me tim hortons at work today, I kindly turned down the offer.
-I had a craving for chips but PURPOSELY left my debit card out of reach, which made me remember that I was on a new health kick. It only made me smile, because the trick I played on myself worked!
-and lastly, mum made pizza for dinner. No thank you!

Well that was day 1! Keep it sort and simple. I'll be introducing my technique on how I avoid the plateau as long as I can in a blog tomorrow! Stay tuned guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment