205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 30th - This will make you fail...

It's not so much about the physical transformation I don't think. I truly see our weight loss journeys as being a self reflecting time. I came to realize (after my first experience of losing weight) what exactly I did wrong. We all start our journey with the "want" to feel happy. We want to look in the mirror and feel beautiful. We want to be "skinny". I came to see that the true quest is more a mind set factor.

I started my journey last year with the thought that if I lost weight I would be happy. But to be honest, every single day that looked in the mirror I still thought I was fat, And this was even at my lowest weight of 170 lbs. You need to accept yourself the way you are before any of this can work. I basically set myself up to fail. I was self consumed with wanting to lose weight and even thought I did it the healthy way, I didn't learn from my experience. I just watched it from the side lines. I thought that losing weight would solve all my problems. I felt like I needed to lose more and more weight when in fact, I think I looked pretty damn good! (This is me looking back at me as 170 while being 205 lbs lol).

So my advice from personal experience is that you try to accept and love yourself as much as you can before your journey. If you think about it, all this binging that we do, all this unhealthy stuff we do to ourselves... that's not loving ourselves... If you love yourself, you wont do that. There are bigger problems then "food" going on in someones life when they do this to themselves. They have issues that need to be taken care of. I figure loving yourself and weight loss come hand in hand. If you don't care for yourself first, then you wont know how to when you reach your goal weight. This is what happened to me. Learn how to love yourself and weight loss will come too.

Love,
Tishy205

No comments:

Post a Comment