205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2nd - Focus on eating

Hey guys! Today was a great day. My main goal in the next week to week and a half will be just learning to how eat properly again! You can only imagine how hard this is until you've tried it yourself. I feel like I should be going to Wendys or MC Donalds when ever I leave the house. Sadly, that's what I've taught myself to feel during the last 6 months. I'll update on my exercise method later on, but for now, in the next week, eating right is my main focus.
I do however plan to try something new each week. This week I've decided to go ice skating just for the fun of it. Even though my actual exercise routine wont be starting until a week or two from now, I still want to get into trying new things.
Today I ate
2 wraps
-romaine lettuce
-salsa
-whole wheat tortillas
2 bananas
1 apple
18 mini eggs (200 cal)

I know you guys have probably been noticing how I've not cut carbs or all fats out of my diet. And I'm sure you've noticed that I had a snack of MINI EGGS today. That is because I don't believe in eliminating everything out of my diet. You need certain things to function and grow. You NEED carbs. You need VEGETABLES! The idea is just to limit them. People who do NO CARB diets make things unnatural. They are on the diet to lose weight and fast! My method is more about learning new life lessons and KEEPING the weight off. You can not live your entire life with no carbs... so why make yourself suffer in the mean time. Like I said. This week is about learning how to eat properly, and I don't see any harm in feeding myself 200 cal instead of the 600 cal super sized fries from mc donalds that I usually would do for a snack. I'm making progress and that's what this is about. We also do not want to under eat! That is very important to me. Under eating is unhealthy.
A normal day for me in the last 6 months would have been anywhere from pasta for breakfast, 2 chocolate bars for lunch with some wendys (veggie burger and fries) and then maybe pizza for dinner, oh and please don't forget the multiple liters of ice tea I drank a day. I didn't make things easy on myself and im not proud of it. It has a lot to do with the fact that my prince charming never has to worry about his weight. I felt like I could eat anything and everything he did, the evidence of that being wrong began to show in my body. I was paying for it physically.

So my note to myself - Don't worry about the physical activity until next week. Worry about eating right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment