205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5th - I refuse to plateau !

Some of you have been wondering about the calorie counting. A lot of people either don't have a ipod with the application I have. But there is a simple one you can use online. I even used it for a month last year but found it too much of a hassle to log everything down. It was called caloriecount.com. It super easy to use and its actually a really great program.
I've also come to realize that I NEED to start my physical fitness soon. I currently weight 201. Which is a total of 4 pounds lost in 5 days, but in order for me to lose 20 pounds in the next two months... I better get my butt moving! I can tell right away that almost every person reading my blog is going to say, “oh god, she exercises and that's the reason she lost weight.” You will then go on to assume that what I do takes hard work and is therefore not the right method for you. If you are part of the 5% of people reading this who say, “awesome I'm going to do the same exercises she does!” Then good for you, because honestly, my method is really quite logical.
I base my exercise on the though of plateauing. I know that if I go hard core at losing weight meaning I eat very little and exercise EVERYDAY for say...4 hours a day, eventually, my body will get used to it and I wont lose as much anymore. I will then have to UP my routine to put my body back into burning mode. Now tell me, how hard is that?!?!... VERY!
So here's what I do. The first week is learning how to eat properly. Not only will we lose weight because we are eating healthier and our bodies are finally detoxifying BUT our stomachs will shrink as well. Then after the first week, we add in walking 30 mins a day AFTER DINNER *very important, it helps the digestion*. The week after it will be raised to a light jog 3 mins then 5 mins walking for 30 mins 3 times a week and then 3 times a week continuing with the walking. If that is even too much for you then try speed walking for those 3 mins, then a soft pace for 5 mins. Working out doesn't have to be hard. The whole point is just to burn more calories then consumed. Eventually I will turn 6 days of the week into a light jog for 30 mins. When I reach my 5th week I will then begin to do some painful stair climbs at the local stadium foot ball field. **This is for my own pleasure because my butt is one of my biggest problem areas and by doing this I will be toning it** Now I think you understand the whole idea of trying to avoid the plateau by slowly increasing the activity we do each week.
Not only this, but I challenge you to try something new each week. Weather it be walking your neighbors dog one week, ice skating, bowling, or even if you find the time to walk to work.
A viewer would also like me to post a video on how I make my wraps. I would love to do this in the next coming week!
Today I ate
yogurt on a cut up apple
a wrap
-salad
-salsa
-lemon juice
1 banana
1 lindor chocolate
some pretzels (190 cal)
a salad
and cucumber with lemon juice sprinkled on top.
I am well under my limit today but I would like to pick up smaller bananas. At least medium sized would do. I find that the ones I bought last were jumbo sized and really, it only adds to calories.
I'm posting this blog early because I want to focus on NOT eating late tonight. I'm finding it a bit of a pain. Its a habit I really want to get out of my system. When I have my late night snacks, I've come to find that they can take up ¼ of my daily intake. Completely uncalled for because by the time I actually start my day, I have to budget and not eat as much as I should be eating.
Anyways, until tomorrow!
Tishy205
p.s did I mention that I'm now 201lbs? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment