205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Monday, January 4, 2010

January 3rd - Calorie Counting but not...

Hey guys!
Recently I've found this cool application on my iTOUCH. Its something that counts your days average calories. I don't believe in calorie counting much. I know it works but its a hassle and not realistic unless you have tons of time on your hand. We arent robots, we should be able to control ourselves. My goal is to self discover my own limits. So what I've done is every time I eat something, I've been logging it. I have a general estimate of how much I can eat each day. I know this is basically calorie counting but right now, its just to teach me how much I can eat each day. I feel like I'm re learning how to eat. You have to budget! You find that if you eat healthier... you eat less calories. Its only when you splurge on junk food that you use up all your necessary daily intake. Meaning... I can eat 3 apples, 2 bananas, a salad, a veggie wrap AND soup all for the same calories it takes to have a meal at MCDONALDS. Its about making the right choices.
Today I went to the super market to pick up some yogurt. I purposely picked up the individual cups because I knew if I bought a tub, I wouldn't know my limits. This way, each little cup is about 80 cal and I can pour that over a sliced apple or banana! Its really yummy.
I did go ice skating today! God, what an experience. Prince charming brought his little sister (shes 6) and even she could out skate me'! I was hoping my lack of ability to skate would help me burn more calories. Unfortunately, before we went, his mom bought us pizza. But get this!!! I only had 1 slice and 2 bites. Can you believe that? This is coming from a girl who not even 2 weeks ago ate a whole medium pizza to herself, religiously. I had one slice and by the second one I didn't want it... complete progress! And since I had that pizza, I ended up eating super healthy the rest of the day. I do see today as an accomplishment.
Today I ate:
Some pizza
2 wraps
popcorn
apple
1 yogurt cup
2 banana
sunflower seeds
It doesn't look like much does it? Its actually quite a bit. I was at someones house when I noticed that I'm just a compulsive eater. I do it for fun. My mouth needs to keep moving. So I also went out and bought some gum and although I may look like a cow for chewing it so often now it defiantly reminds me that I'm not hungry, just bored. Sunflower seeds do the same. I sit there and peel some BUT you have to be careful because they are high in calories! I'm going to start introducing veggies to my menu. I can handle sweet fruits but I do admit that I don't eat veggies regularly. We'll work on that. By the way, you have probably noticed that I eat wraps a lot. That's because they are SO easy to make. And on my fast paced day, balancing 4 jobs, I rarely have time to plan out what I'm eating. I'm also working on that :P
And I've also noticed that I have my first follower on here!! Yay, even if I have one person reading, thats enough to keep me going, so thank you so much for subscribing!
Anyways, Untill tomorrow!!! :)
Tishy205

1 comment: