205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23 - It takes time

Last year, I had my mind set to the fact that weight loss takes time. I didn't care if I lost weight or not. I just wanted to become healthier. It took me nearly 5 months to get to where I was. The process was slow but it worked. I came to find that 95% of people who try to lose weight end up gaining it back. I unfortunately was in that category of people who gained. I teased prince charming today saying, "why am I bothering to become smaller if I'm going to have kids (pregnant) and get big again one day". He laughed and said that I was beautiful anyway size I choose to be. I've never met anyone like him. Its almost hard to believe that someone could love me so much. I'm lucky to have his support. I didn't have support the first time I tried to lose weight. Unfortunately, his heart is so big that he can not say "no" to me. If I ask for ice cream... he will run to the store to get it for me. He is skinny and so he has never had to deal with being bigger growing up. In fact he was underweight when he was little.
If there is anything I've come to learn about his eating habits its that he knows when to stop. Its almost remarkable! Sometimes I just sit there and watch him eat. When something tastes good to me, I will eat until I cant eat anymore. To me... eating is PLEASURE. It feels good... It tastes good... it makes me happy. But its not the same way for prince charming. I asked him one day why he stopped eating pizza after 3 slices (I could eat 7 slices alone) And he said, "The food tastes good, but I know that if I keep eating I will feel sick after. I know it tastes good... but its not going anywhere...?" I found that so hard to believe! Yes... it will be GONE because I will have ate it all lol. Last year I could have eaten a whole small - medium pizza to myself. Now, I cant eat as much because my stomach has shrunk. In my family... if you don't eat when the food is served, then you will not get any because it is all gone.

From August 20 - Sept 20th I did a month of fasting for Ramadan (religious reasons). I was not allowed to eat during the day. I could however eat when the sun went down. This was a bad thing because I would eat at around 9pm and continue to eat until bed time. I basically slept on my food. I went from being 177 at the start of Ramadan to 185. So i gained a majority of my weight there. I'm working on correcting what I've done. I hope to be a total of 10 lbs down by the end of January. That is my main goal. And then I would like to lose another 10 lbs next month. If I can get to 180 by my bday... that would be great. Anywhere from 185-175 would be a wish come true. Its going to take a lot of work but I can do it :) I've done it before.

Another thing is, I'm getting quite tired of people choosing diets that are extreme and have very little chances of working... and then they yell at everyone saying "DONT CRITICIZE MY DIET" and then they make big videos complaining about why they haven't lost weight yet. It is EXTREMELY hard to lose 30 lbs in 30 days... so for those of you trying to do that... good luck. I hope you accomplish it because that would be awesome! But you don't need to yell at other people, especially your dedicated viewers.

The point of todays post is that... yes I did lost weight last year. But it took alot of time and dedication.
Anyways :) Tomorrow is a new day!
Tishy205

No comments:

Post a Comment