205 to 150

205 to 150
A journy of weight loss

Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 9 - The root of the problem

Ok guys! I am now back from my hour walk and boy did it kill. It was my first walk in ABOUT 6 months? About time eh? No wonder I've gained so much. Too much time in paradise can really affect the body. Anyways, its deja vu. I remember this same feeling last year when I lost my weight. It was hard at first too! But god do my thighs burn. By the time I got home, I spent nearly 5 mins scratching at my thighs. I don't know about you but that fiery burning feeling you get after exercise when its cold weather out... it kills! Now I just have to work at going regularly every day. I remember last year... nothing could stop me from missing my daily walk.

Anyways, so last year, what I did was I would eat EVERY 2 HOURS. I would eat an apple in the morning at 9, a banana at 11 and carrots at 1 and then a sandwich at 3 and maybe cottage cheese and crackers at 5 and then my big salad at 7. By 8pm I would have my half an hour walk and that was what my day was. There was no room for snacks because I was constantly eating every 2 hours. This was my routine for 6 months and that is the reason I lost weight.
I have now come to find that with me calorie counting... its not working for me. Yes, it keeps me from binging BUT I actually feel as though its causing me to eat more then I need to.
Let me explain. If I go the whole day and eat only 500 calories, I naturally feel that I need to eat those 900 calories or that I need to spend those calories before I go to bed. I have not once been under my calorie limit by more then 50 calories. This is terrible and I can tell that I'm not going to get very far this way.

Naturally, our bodies (when first dieting) will go into shock the first couple of days. I lost 7 pounds in 5-6 days. That's REALLY good. But more then likely. It was water weight, "My body getting rid of excess junk." Now its my job to make sure that I work hard to lose the weight.
Tomorrow I will do my body shot and I'm going to try a new approach for this coming week. If I lose more then 2 lbs, it proves that I'm on the right path. If not, I'll have to work harder.

Anyways, today I ate
lunch - a bit of salad with salsa
miso soup
snacks - some cookies
skinny cow
breakfast - 1/4 of a bagel with cream cheese
carrots with a table spoon of hummus
late night snack - whole cucumber with lemon juice.
broccoli soup and half a bun for dinner

Last year, I didnt have the problem of eating junk food. I feel like I'm having to re - learn how to eat properly. I was only eating veggies and fruit last year.

Self note - I need to focus on eating more veggies. Just because I'm within my calorie limit... doesn't mean that these choices are healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment